Home Page › Forums › news › Upgrade: openmamba milestone2 2.0pre4
This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Silvan 6 years, 2 months ago.
Users of openmamba milestone2 will get an upgrade to the fourth pre-release
with the following main new features:
– “longterm” 22.214.171.124 kernel
– KDE desktop environment 4.5.5
– network connections management is now based on NetworkManager in order to
provide an integrated and simple solution for ethernet, wireless, mobile
broadband, ADSL (PPPoE) and more
– 400+ software components updated
– initial support for the “light” LXDE desktop environment, suitable for
computers with limited CPU and memory resources
– upon upgrade completion the system must be rebooted
– network settings like password for Wireless connection, static IP and DNS
and any other custom settings have to be reconfigured with the new interface
– in order to decrease the risk of an upgrade failure due to the new kernel it
is now possible to start the system using the previous kernel (2.6.33),
available as a choice in the boot menu
– in order to use the LXDE environment the “lxde” package must be installed,
then logout from KDE and login again after selecting “lxde” session type
Within a few days live installation media will be available and the official
release will be published.
Wishing you a pleasant upgrade,
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.