- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 11 months ago by Silvan.
April 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm #11564SilvanKeymaster
The ISO images of the fouth pre-release of openmamba milestone 2 are available for download.
This new release adds the following new features:
– “longterm” 18.104.22.168 Linux kernel
– Linux kernel 22.214.171.124 can now be installed optionally by enabling the new milestone2-kernel channel
– KDE desktop environment 4.5.5
– network connections management is now based on NetworkManager in order to provide an integrated and simple solution for ethernet, wireless, mobile broadband, ADSL (PPPoE) and more
– 500+ software components updated
openmamba is available for PC (x86 compatibles) in english, italian and spanish languages. It is distributed as ISO images in livecd, livedvd and livegames flavours and can be freely downloaded from http://www.openmamba.org. The ISO images can be burnt on CD/DVD media or installed in a USB pendrive and used to boot a live system and install it.
A long and detailed list of changes is available on this page: http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/distromatic.html?tag=milestone2&changelog
I also would like to announce the availability of a couple of new weekly snapshot targets:
– openmamba SDK: a root filesystem that can be used as a development environment with many recent devices that are based on ARM compatible processors (tablets, smartphones, smartbooks and plug computers) which also provides a LXDE based graphical environment and NetworkManager, rpm and smart to allow the installation of the 1600+ openmamba packages that have been ported at the date (see http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/distromatic.html?tag=devel&arch=arm for the full list)
– openmamba livecd-light: a light openmamba release based on the LXDE graphical environment intended for use with computers which have less than 512MB of RAM
openmamba head maintainer wants to say thanks to all the people who contributed in different ways to the development of this new release of openmamba. Beta testers and developers are welcome to help improve this project and can join by subscribing and writing to the development Lists (http://www.openmamba.org/lists/) or in the Forum (http://forum.openmamba.org).
Note: we are aware of download problems from our main server and a migration to a new more functional and performant infrastructure is due within the next weeks. Meanwhile we recommend people having download problems to use a download manager with resume capability and to make use of the information from page http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/download.html to perform a MD5 check of the downloaded files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.