No sound

Home Page Forums users No sound

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Piki

I am using 1.1 milestone 1. I am not getting any sound from my speakers at all. When I run alsaconf from the command line, it detects my card and configures the driver, but when I try raising all volumes to max level via KMix, I don’t here any sound when trying to play a CD or a file off the hard disk. Even if I quit KMix and use alsamixer to raise the volumes, I still don’t here any sound. It is an Intel audio card using the laptop’s internal speakers and the snd-hda-intel driver.

Silvan
      Keymaster

First make sure that you have tried all the mixer buttons and sliders. Then you can try installing kernel-mamba-sound-backport or kernel-mamba-sound depending on what you have currently installed to replace it.

Piki

I just tried those, no luck either way.

Silvan
      Keymaster

Maybe there is some hint for the problem in /var/log/messages or in the dmesg log. You can also send a report for me to analyze it (go to KDE Menu -> system -> openmamba -> Generate a system report.

Piki

I sent the report, dmesg log, and relevant line from /var/logs/messages to reports@openmamba.org (I figured I may as well send them because this is where mambareport said to send it’s report).

Silvan
      Keymaster

I don’t have a solution yet, but can you check if you get sound from headphones?

Reysan
      Participant
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.