New mail indicator

Home Page Forums users New mail indicator

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mambalamba
      Participant

I work from home and it’s important I can have an indication for unread emails. Both Kmail and Evolution develop issues on my system so Thunderbird is the obvious choice but since Birdtray stopped working the only other option is systray-x which requires a SUSE repository for installation. The Flatpak version of Betterbird goes half way in that there’s a tray icon for new mail but no counter as with systray-x. Is there any way to install systray-x on openmamba?
      https://github.com/Ximi1970/systray-x

Silvan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’ve created the systray-x package for openmamba and it can be installed with:
      sudo dnf install systray-x

Thank you for your post.

mambalamba
      Participant

Many thanks. This is truly excellent support.

The only remaining issue I have now is with kdeconnect which isn’t working (no devices found). I found an old reference to kdeconnect4 when I searched the forum but the only entry using search dnf is what I already found and installed. On some distros it’s necessary to create a firewall rule for kdeconnect but no entries appear in the application set for openmamba so I’m at a loss where to go next?

Silvan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      you are welcome.

About kdeconnect:
      openmamba default firewall is ufw so the rules needed for kdeconnect are the ones described in the official documentation:
      `
      sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
      sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp
      sudo ufw reload
      `
      I will add these rules to ufw applications set as you suggest.

mambalamba
      Participant

Excellent. Many thanks again for all your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.