November 5, 2020 at 8:38 pm #28900
My machine has an ethernet controller Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15).
The last iso snapshot doesn’t recognize this network card, so I can’t have Internet connection.
November 6, 2020 at 9:53 am #28901
can you please provide the output of the
openmamba-makereportcommands from terminal?
dmesg > ~/Desktop/dmesg.txt
The generated files can be sent to us via
Support -> Send a reportor attached to a post in this thread.
November 6, 2020 at 10:30 am #28902
Thanks for your quick post. I will do it tonight.
I would point out that this version of OpenMamba does not recognize my Intel wifi card either.
November 6, 2020 at 8:01 pm #28903
It seems that the r8169 and iwlwifi drivers are well. But the network interfaces are not activated. I have looked at systemd services but I saw nothing wrong in first look.
I join the openamamba-report file in case of.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
November 7, 2020 at 11:40 am #28905
thanks for the information provided.
It seems that the
NetworkManagerpackage is missing in recent livecd ISOs.
If you are just running the live system I suggest waiting for a new release which I’m scheduling for tomorrow.
If you have the system installed the problem might be fixed by manually configuring networking and running
sudo dnf install NetworkManageror manually downloading and installing the
NetworkManagerpackage and its dependencies using an external storage device, e.g. a USB pendrive. Feel free to ask more details if you need more details in this case.
November 7, 2020 at 6:05 pm #28906
Thanks Silvan I could wait for the next iso to make a proprer installation.
November 11, 2020 at 11:01 am #28907
I have reinstalled the distro with the recent ISO and the network is fonctionnal thanks 🙂
I have two more little problems now :
– my sound card is not initialized by the kernel with this error in journalctl “openmamba kernel: skl_hda_dsp_generic skl_hda_dsp_generic: unsupported HDAudio / iDisp configuration found” I tested several solutions found on the web but none was successfull (my sound card is 00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Cannon Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller (rev 30) )
– the Plasma interface is not fully translated in french my native language and I can select the lang in the configuration center
Thanks for advance for you ideas 🙂
November 12, 2020 at 8:37 pm #28908
for the sound card problem I’ve looked for the different solutions proposed on the web and wonder if you have tried this:
sudo su echo "options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/snd_intel_dspcfg.conf
About the french language, a method would have been to start by using the
livedvdISO image which provides support for french by selecting the language at boot.
Instead, switching language on a system installed from
livecdrequires some manual changes:
1) make sure that the system-wide LANG environment is set to french, this can be done by editing as root the file
/etc/locale.confand replace the existing line with:
2) install the french langpack:
sudo dnf install langpacks-fr
3) configure the rpm
%install_langsmacro in file
4) packages need to be updated or reinstalled so that translation files for the languages specified in 3) will be kept on local installation
November 12, 2020 at 11:32 pm #28911
Thank you very much for all your help. I will try your different options as soon as possible and let you know if things have improved.
November 13, 2020 at 7:52 pm #28912
Unfortunately your modprobe option was not successful, I still do not have my sound card recognized on my system, I continue to look for the solution on my side.
Thanks a lot for your support.
November 16, 2020 at 8:34 pm #28913
Good news, I found the solution for my sound card problem.
I have put in
options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0
Thanks for your help.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by ouaille_aime_scier.
November 17, 2020 at 8:08 pm #28915
good, thanks for finding and sharing the solution to this problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.