dnf offers i586 packages to upgrade my x86-64 system

Home Page Forums users dnf offers i586 packages to upgrade my x86-64 system

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ouaille_aime_scier
      Participant

Hello Silvan,

Today I see a mega upgrade on my x86-64 system but dnf offers i586 packages (501 packages) to install, is this normal?
      Thank you in advance for your answer.

Silvan
      Keymaster

Hello,
      this is usually caused by the dnf updates manager which is unable to find an upgrade solution with x86_64 packages and also because I think dnf has some issues with bi-arch support since Fedora abandoned the x86 target.

If you can post the full output of the command sudo dnf update I think we may find and indication of the root cause of the problem and fix it.

Another viable solution is disabling the x86 repositories by setting enabled = 0 in the file /etc/yum/repos.d/openmamba-rolling-i586.repo. Currently x86 repository is needed on x86_64 only if you use Wine for x86 or have other special needs and I might decide to disable it by default in future.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Silvan.
      ouaille_aime_scier
      Participant

Thanks for your help Silvan, I join the dnf update output.

I don’t need wine on my system, I will use your solution waiting your fix for dnf.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Silvan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      the problem was indeed caused by a lockup of the tool which refreshes repository metadata and should be fixed now.

ouaille_aime_scier
      Participant

Thanks Silvan, when reenabling i586 repo I don’t have see my initial problem again, it’s fixed.

ouaille_aime_scier
      Participant

Hi Silvan,

The problem is reappearing today 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Silvan
      Keymaster

Hi @ouaille_aime_scier,
      I think this was a transient problem while releasing the up-to-date KDE frameworks packages. It should work now after refreshing the packages list with sudo dnf refresh or using the mambatray icon entry.
      Thanks for reporting.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.