delta rpm

Home Page Forums users delta rpm

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stormlinux 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

stormlinux

It is any chance to use delta rpm in Open Mamba for decreasing time and size of rpms?

Silvan
    Keymaster

This has not been planned so far. By the way deltarpm is now available as a package in devel repository and I’ll need to evaluate the compatibility with openmamba updates management infrastructure, this will take a long time or maybe not. Meanwhile, thank you for suggesting.

stormlinux

Thank you, I am using deltas on Oracle Linux, Suse and Cent OS. Everything works fine so I hope that this will be available on Open Mamba very soon.

stormlinux

I try to install delta from repository but pkcon and smart still don’t like it and use normal rpm. Maybe it should be some plug-in like presto for yum. I am still diggin.

Silvan
    Keymaster

openmamba uses smart as lower level package manager, which doesn’t have deltarpm support (see also https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/245428 ) and smart itself is not really supported anymore. So supporting deltarpm implies changing default update manager to e.g. yum. Although changing to a more supported and recent package manager would be convenient, this is a major change which will require a lot of time before being supported, at least for what I can do these times.

stormlinux

OK I don’t want to force anything. I am just curious. Very, very thanks for a expanded answer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.