Alternative desktops

Home Page Forums devel Alternative desktops

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      helander

First of all I would like to say that I think that the openmamba desktop environment looks great. However some of my computers would probably work better with a “lighter” desktop environment (e.g. lxde) so I would like to try to create a “remaster” that has a more lightweight desktop.

Has anyone already created openmamba remasters having alternative desktops?

Do openmamba define/support any specifc remaster process that would help me do this or do I need to find out myself how this should be done?

Kind Regards

Lars

Silvan
      Keymaster

Hi. The tool for mastering openmamba is called makedist, it is available for installation but it has never been used outside our development environment so I expect you need some instruction and fixes to make this work for you. Anyway I think the first part of the work would be packaging and testing lxde for openmamba. If you want to discuss on development details I would first recommend you to subscribe to the openmamba-devel list (see http://www.openmamba.org/lists/ page for details).

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.