[Solved] BCM4310 Not Working

Home Page Forums users [Solved] BCM4310 Not Working

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Piki

I just got a new HP Pavilion dv4t with a Broadcom BCM4310 that will not show up in iwconfig when I load the b43 or b43legacy driver. I have not yet tried ndiswrapper and would like to avoid ndiswrapper if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Silvan
      Keymaster

In devel this is currently supported by the broadcom_sta module, If you use the stable release you might want to upgrade or I’ll see if the driver can be backported.

Piki

If you can try to backport the driver, I’d appreciate it. If it can’t happen, then I’d be willing to upgrade to devel.

Silvan
      Keymaster

The driver is now available in milestone1 1.1. You need to install the package kernel-mamba-nongpl-wl. Make sure that the module (wl.ko) gets loaded in place of the b43 and b43legacy modules.

Piki

I unloaded the b43 and ssb modules via ‘modprobe -r’, then tried to modprobe the wl modules, and ended up with a fatal error telling me to check my dmesg, and the dmesg outputs the following error:

[ 1634.711136] wl: Unknown symbol ieee80211_get_crypto_ops

[ 1638.477869] wl: Unknown symbol ieee80211_get_crypto_ops

[ 1696.047075] wl: Unknown symbol ieee80211_get_crypto_ops

My lsmod would be attached if it would allow me to upload.

Silvan
      Keymaster

I’ve recently seen this problem on 1.1 too. I think it is now fixed with an update of kernel-mamba-nongpl-wl that will be available in 1-2 hours, or you can fix it yourself by replacing package kernel-mamba-wireless-backport with kernel-mamba-wireless and rebooting.

If you can cable-connect just do:

sudo apt-get install kernel-mamba-wireless

Piki

That seems to have done the trick, except that my wireless card shows up as eth1 (and I thought that eth was short for Ethernet). But my wireless is working, so I’m happy.

Silvan
      Keymaster

Yes, the interface should be renamed to wlan* for this driver. Maybe this will be done upstream by driver developers in future, at the moment I’ve recently fixed udev to keep persistent interface naming so that eth0 and eth1 are not swapped after reboot and that should solve the first need of having working network connections from the user point of view.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.