Dual Boot

Home Page Forum utenti Dual Boot

Tag: 

Visualizzazione 4 filoni di risposte
  • Autore
    Articoli
      PrimeSuspect
      Membro

My machine is dual booted with Linux (Kororaa 17 beta) and Windows 7. I liked the lighter weight of openmamba and decided to replace Kororaa. I thought I had done everything correctly but on completion, openmamba would boot, but Windows not. Got the dreaded boot.mngr is missing notice. I re-installed Kororaa however using their “replace existing Linux” option and now both systems boot as before. I must have missed something in the openmamba install configurations to allow me to keep the Windows boot option. Please can someone highlight my error?

Silvan
      Amministratore del forum

So after installing openmamba you had the Windows choice but selecting it originated a “boot.mngr missing” message? If you (left) selected Windows as a boot choice during the installation it is not your fault. After openmamba (re)installation I would check that Windows partition is set as bootable. Other problems might depend on having more that one disk, but I don’t know if this is the case. In any case a copy and paste of the installation log might help us to understand the problem. Also I will test again dual-boot installation to be sure that this is not a general regression of this release.

PrimeSuspect
      Membro

Thank you for responding. Being unfamiliar with this installer, it is possible I did not see the option to select Windows as a boot choice. Please can you indicate where this is presented during the install process?

Silvan
      Amministratore del forum

The attached screenshot is the installer page for selecting non-linux (windows) partitions. All choices are preselected, so this can be the problem only if you unselected them by your choice. In this case anyway you shouldn't have got the Windows boot option and thus fall into the boot.mngr error, so I don't think this is the problem. If you would like to proceed with further testing, you may install openmamba again, and then we can try to detect and fix the problem from there.

[attachment=5235,174]

PrimeSuspect
      Membro

Many thanks for the detailed response. In fact I changed nothing in these settings so it appears something else is amiss. I will try to find some time for another install this coming weekend.

Visualizzazione 4 filoni di risposte
  • Devi aver eseguito l’accesso per poter rispondere a questa discussione.