openmamba livecd 20210828 (devel) new snapshot is available
The openmamba automatic build system announces the availability of the 20210828 snapshot release of the openmamba livecd distribution.
A live release of openmamba in ISO format so that you can make a CD or DVD (*) from it.
(*) Recently the image size is bigger than space available on a CD so it has to be burnt on a DVD anyway.
Who it's for
openmamba livecd is the base medium for a minimal installation into a computer. The installation
can be completed later through the network.
It is suitable for most kinds of computer usages at home or office, i.e. accessing
Internet, producing documents, listening to music and watching movies and it's useful
for data recovery on computers where the installed operating system does no longer work.
A Intel x86 compatible Personal Computer (PC) with the following minimum features:
- processor: Intel Pentium III or higher or AMD K6/Duron/Athlon or higher
- 512 MB of RAM (2GB are recommended)
- a CD-ROM drive or USB with boot support
Additional requirements for system installation:
- a fixed disk with 10 GB of free space or more
- KDE based live desktop system for standard Personal Computers (Intel x86 compatibile)
- top applications: LibreOffice, chromium, amarok, kaffeine, wine, gimp, kopete, audacity, k3b
- 3D graphical desktop support with open and proprietary drivers
- automatic hardware detection and configuration
- NTFS read and write support using ntfs-3g
- fixed disk installation interface
Operating system information
- Name: openmamba
- Type: GNU/Linux operating system
- License: GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3
- Release branch: devel (unstable)
- Planned maintenance: long term
- Updates level: rolling
- Updates default channels: devel, devel-games